martes, 20 de octubre de 2015

BENTON Snail Bee High Content Essence: My Experience

Hello!!! today I bring you a review of a product that promised much but I brought serious problems.
I thought a lot to write mainly because it upsets me showing pictures of what provoked this product on my skin, but I think it is right to tell my experience to prevent someone else will come to pass what happened to me. Apologies if this post is very long, but I try to explain very well what happened to me.
Since I had problems with this product over time has made me forever and has been very difficult to correct and heal what caused it, is something that really gives me a lot of courage, because before trying the Korean cosmetics I worked around a year in a detoxification process in my body, which helped me improve the appearance of my skin diminishing my breakouts, some stains of pregnancy, hair loss, weight loss, etc. Overall it helped to change completely the way I fed them, so I was very happy about the change and when I started to focus on certain problems of my skin I wanted completely correct as dehydration and eliminate acne marks . Then I met the Korean cosmetics and I started to try different products, sincerely without reading reviews of them, just seeing what they promised, using trial and error that, being my own guinea pig.
I started testing products and liked the results, that's why when I saw this essence and saw the star ingredients containing as thought it would be good for my skin.
I honestly am not very demanding in matters of product ingredients, for example I am not looking for products free of parabens, no silicones, etc. at least in products that are not edible, I'm an engineer in biotechnology and many things that are said are bad, most of the time the reasons given lack of scientific research to support it, so I think that while we may lead a healthy diet free of industrialized products which can cause us to cosmetics with parabens and we use those bad things is something that can be overcome. Well all this talk was for I want to explain why I did not put attention on something now that is the key point in this product: conservatives.
This product mentions that does not use chemical preservatives, conservatives are using "natural" origin. Now we have to see that the word "natural" does not mean it's good, everything is relative, for example, honey is a natural product that has many properties that may be beneficial consumption in different areas, but for a person It is allergic however natural it may be fatal. It is also important to mention that not all chemicals are bad, there are substances that can be beneficial whether chemical, everything will depend on the amount and the conditions in which it is used.
Now what is the difference between chemical preservatives and natural preservatives? First the Conservatives are used to extend the life of cosmetics, since due to the amount of water they contain are an easy target for the growth of bacteria and fungi in addition these products contain ingredients that naturally degrade giving as result in a change in physical appearance, changing color, texture and smell of the product. Conservatives are substances with antimicrobial and antifungal activity are incorporated into products in small quantities at the time of preparation. Natural preservatives may be essential oils, propolis extract and grapefruit seed, vitamin E, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, ascorbic acid, among others. The most common chemical preservatives are benzyl alcohol, tretrasódico EDTA, phenoxyethanol, and many more, here you can read a list of preservatives allowed in cosmetic and maximum concentration to be of use.
The pictures I show below are the product when I started using it.



Now analyzing the ingredients of the product, there is potential compounds that can cause severe reactions in fact contains interesting ingredients that help improve problem skin, anti-aging compounds, moisturizers, etc. I do not think is a bad product, the only drawback is that it has no compound that works as a chemical preservative. The basis of this product is Snail Secretion Filtrate, no water, what is sought with this is that the microorganisms that can contaminate the product not having the proper environment to grow, limiting the aqueous environment, that's his main conservative : Do not use water as a base.
Now let's examine each of the ingredients to understand a little about this product.
Ingredients:
  • Snail Secretion Filtrate: Acts as an antioxidant, exfoliating, regenerating, healing and soothing.
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: This ingredient is commonly known as aloe vera extract and we all know its many properties and benefits.
  • Glycerin: Glycerin serves as a humectant able to attract water both outside (that is 'hygroscopic', meaning able to attract water from the air) and the deep layers of the skin to take it to the superficial layers of the epidermis.
  • Arbutin: Arbutin, hydroquinone derivative, is an active substance that is found naturally in the leaves of bearberry, also called "bearberry" (bearberry) or Arcthostaphylos uva-ursi. Very popular in Japan and Asia, this plant is used to whiten the skin, lessen the mask of pregnancy, melasma, brands associated with sunburn or to regulate melanogenesis.
  • Human Ogliopeptide-1: Also known as rh-EGF Human Oligopeptide-1 (EGF) with properties such as anti-aging, anti-wrinkle to rejuvenate the skin by stimulating cell proliferation, minimizer of pores, elimination of scars and stained by improving texture and skin condition. It is produced by genetic engineering technology (recombinant microbial) completely identical to native EGF, known as "FACTOR OF BEAUTY" promotes and regulates the proliferation of stem cells. Because of its recombinant technology is completely safe, unlike other products that use human stem cells derived.
  • Bee Venom: Promotes blood circulation, making the skin look younger. It also helps to renew the skin because it encourages the production of collagen and repair the damaged cells thanks to its regenerative and antibacterial properties. It also acts as a protective barrier against free radicals, many refer to it as natural and organic alternative to Botox.
  • Plantago Asiatica Extract: The medicinal properties of leaves and seeds of plantain (Plantago) make it a powerful antidote, also is antibacterial, astringent, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antitúsico, heart, emollient, diuretic, expectorant, hemostatic, laxative, ophthalmic, poultice, refrigerant, worming, and dermal regenerator. This compound could function as consevador.
  • Digita Laminana Extract: This active, stimulates the production of fibroblasts and promotes collagen synthesis of mature skin. The skin is firmer, revitalized, wrinkles are minimized and the face has a more youthful and rested appearance.
  • Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract: An extract from the leaves of persimmon that is used in the cosmetic area as a skin protectant.
  • Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract: Extract from white willow bark, is used in cosmetics as a skin conditioning agent is occlusive, astringent, soothing.
  • Bacillus Ferment: is an enzyme exfoliator, is an alternative to alpha hydroxy acids.
  • Azelaic Acid: Azelaic acid is used to remove the bumps, injuries and swelling, all symptoms caused by rosacea (a disease that affects the skin and causes redness, flushing and pimples on the face), also used to treat acne. Azelaic acid belongs to a class of drugs called dicarboxylic acids. It works by killing bacteria that infect pores and decrease the production of keratin, a natural substance that can lead to the development of acne.
  • Flower Extract Althaea Rosea Extract obtained from the flower Altea rosea, it is used as a skin conditioning agent.
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Again extract from the leaves of the plant which is commonly called aloe or aloe vera.
  • Butylene Glycol: This compound serves as solvent and viscosity agents lessens product. This compound can cause reactions in some people because it dissolves the essential oils can cause irritation. Butylene glycol is a glycol or glycol ether. Glycols are a class of alcohols containing two hydroxyl groups which are also called diols.
  • Beta-Glucan: The compound having effect of rejuvenation and anti-aging, as active fibroblasts in the skin, which stimulate collagen production, giving a long-lasting effect of the fine line and wrinkle reduction provides the Optimal skin moisture, forming a thin layer on the surface to protect against water loss, dry skin regenerates, relieves irritation, supports the growth of keratinocytes and healing processes stimulates the activity of immune cells - macrophages - increasing immunity, firms and tightens the skin, causing it to become soft and flexible factor is a natural protection against UV rays penetrate the skin very well, even going to the deep layers of the dermis provides the effect other active ingredients contained in cosmetics.
  • Betaine: Conditioner and reducing skin dryness and irritation. It is able to set and store water up to 10 times to maintain optimal hydration, promotes skin regeneration, stimulating collagen formation and growth of fibroblasts.
  • Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer: The Crusaders acrylate polymers are excellent thickener and emulsifier capable of providing fluidity and transparency to gel systems. Rarely they cause irritation when used regularly and have no effect on the biological effectiveness of the active ingredients of a product.
  • Adenosine: Adenosine is a nucleoside that prevents interaction between the myofilaments actin and myosin, thereby inhibits skin contraction. Thus, the folds in the skin and descontraen is smoother skin appearance.
  • Panthenol: It is a derivative of vitamin B5 penetrates deep into the layers of the skin and retains the natural moisture there. You can help keep skin healthy, stabilizing your metabolism. You can contribute to match the tone of your skin, stimulating the formation of pigments. Creams containing panthenol lubricate the skin and help it look smooth and soft.
  • Allantoin: Allantoin is a natural healing. It is characterized by accelerating the process that causes the skin to peel dead or old cells and replace them with new, healthy. It promotes and accelerates the natural healing process "that is, helps the skin to succor itself. It also mentioned that it is a stimulant and proliferating cell of a chemical debridador laepitelización and this means that helps to clean and get rid of necrotic tissue, accelerating the growth of healthy new tissue.
  • Piperitum Zanthoxylum Fruit Extract: is an extract of the fruit of Zanthoxylum piperitum, works as an antimicrobial and skin conditioner.
  • Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract: Antimicrobial and antiseptic powerful, both to preserve the product as active deodorant and anti-acne, anti-infective, antiiflamatorio and soothing, anti-transpirant products is ideal for oily, acneic, mixed and imperfections.
  • Pulsatilla Koreana Extract: An extract entire Korean whole plant pulsatilla, is indicated for use as a skin conditioner.
  • Arginine is used in comsmética industry for its ability to regenerate collagen and some muscle cells.

When I bought the product immediately I started using for nearly a month both in the mornings and in the evenings, I honestly did not notice changes on my skin, I felt that moisturize as promised product and did not see changes in the lines of my neck (where concentrated product application) nor decrease noticed stains had sun or an outbreak of acne. I have to mention that I have suffered from acne breakouts since I started with adolescence but has never been a severe acne or cystic acne, occasionally I have outbreaks, especially when my period is coupled with a poor diet. But they have never been outbreaks that do not heal in about two or three days, swollen at first with a topical product and leave. As I did not see changes to this product I took from my facial routine and put it in the drawer and remained there for about 4 or 5 months, until one day doing cleaning I saw less than half and thought I should finish it for ya discard the pot. I used it only three days, morning and evening, again applying it only in the neck, chin and the area below the cheeks. By that time my skin was very healthy (can review my early blog posts where I talk about foundations and put pictures without makeup) and already had a well-established facial routine. Three days after the onset of type note outbreaks cysts that gradually were inflaming the only product I joined the routine at that time was this. I immediately stopped using it and started using products to treat outbreaks but the days passed and only felt swollen, a medium purple and were very painful. I tried everything to heal and could not, no product work, performed twice weekly treatment with steam to try to open the pores but neither worked.


I'll show you the pictures of the first days (because they were too embarrassed horrible outbreaks), the photos do not have filters, or are edited, even clipped to keep the resolution.
As anything that was used worked I decided to start treating the problem by making changes in my diet, I deleted completely processed products, no sausage, no dairy, every day in the mornings and evenings consumed vegetable juices, lots of water and teas.
With time passed form went healing but if ever flowed and went out more. Breakouts down in inflammation and healed but out new ones. No topical product normally used (tea tree oil) worked out to eliminate them.
As you can see only came out in the part where I put the cream in any other side of my face or body had that problem, it is for this reason that I attribute this to the BENTON product.
In these photos it had been almost a month the problem and kept coming, were very painful and were inflamed. I also started taking zinc supplements because this mineral helps reduce inflammation and began to use a Thai creams with serum vitamin C. All this mix of stocks helped restore my skin.
So far the outbreaks ceased and now I only have scars. Nowhere I have had these outbreaks and to this day they have not come out.
These photos I took on 25 September and the change is very noticeable, as you can see I am not a person with severe acne problems, again, if I get pimples occasionally but never of this magnitude and something I noticed was that it was more strict with my eating was not the problem was not the case when I first changed my diet that with the change in everything I ate my skin looked healthy. In fact, my skin is not bad except for the scars that remain acne, so at this time the problem was not known if he used makeup because with a good foundation and concealer brands are hidden well.
I do not store the product in a place with humidity not touch his sun or was exposed to temperature changes only it happened saved months after being opened. The smell if it changed at that time a strong smell of alcohol was seen, but no unpleasant smell, color did not change drastically and that is more difficult to notice that the bottle containing it is dark plastic but when I opened it and I put on a white surface a slightly yellowish tint is observed and at first the gel was transparent color.
So here ends my story with this product, today my skin has improved a lot, in the following entries will talk in detail the products that helped me with this problem and show you what it looks like now my skin (even in a review that I did three weeks ago of a foundation more or less can get an idea of how it has improved my skin).

What recommendations would all this experience:

  1. The product is not bad in itself, the problem is that it is easy to be contaminated, should be careful once opened, should not be stored in humid places like the bathroom, it should not be exposed to sudden changes temperature, if stored in the refrigerator should not take it out and leave it out for a long time (use and immediately save it), not exposed to the sun because the heat creates an environment for bacteria and fungus from growing environment.
  2. Once opened should use it to finish, my mistake was open and idle time without using it to pick up later.
  3. Be attentive to the expiration date but also the date of manufacture because it must not spend a lot of time between the date of manufacture and the date you acquire it, this is very important because many of us send request things from Korea and on the way to their country the product is exposed to changes in temperature or sometimes spend time at customs and do not know in what conditions they stored.
  4. Be careful when buying, shop at stores where not stored for long products, mainly for products with this kind of natural conservatives. Always the best buy in stores this constantly updating their stock.
  5. For any personal care product is very important to handle it with clean hands and preferably use spatulas to apply the product (in most of the Korean brands included) after use, wash it well and keep it to avoid contaminating the product.
  6. It is that many women like to wear long nails but remember that beyond fashion and aesthetics can be a source of contamination especially if they use the tools mentioned in the previous point.
  7. Include new products to your facial routine slowly, and in this way if anyone causes them reacting know perfectly which was (this is similar to what is recommended by pediatricians when introducing solid foods to babies tested one thing a week for and note any allergies) was earning cravings when we premiered creams but better keep track any adverse reaction.
  8. Be alert to any changes in smell, color consistency or the products they use, if they notice something strange or different DO NOT USE !!! they do not know what reaction may cause your skin.
  9. Every so often made cleaning products, if they have not already use case and recommend follow storing them not to accept skin care products "donated" for they know not care that the previous owner had with them or the conditions under which He was stored. Also beware of products that some stores handled as "balances" have long been in some stores and can be a source of infection.
  10. Finally remember that every skin is different, what works for one may not work to you and because of bad experiences with a product does not mean that all of them go to spend. 
Do not forget to leave your questions or comments at the bottom, tell me if they have had a similar experience or have tested this product if you if you have already worked. Nice night.